About Us | List of Board Members | Calendar | Testimonials
Who We Are
Childhood Cancer Connection, Inc. (CCCI)is a non-profit 501 (c)(3) organization supporting children and their families diagnosed with cancer and blood disorders. Activities include: The Rainbow Connection Camp, community education, holiday parties, parent support activities, and outings.
Founded as Candlelighters.
First campers attend the first camp.
Name change to The Rainbow Connection.
Name change to Childhood Cancer Connection Inc.
Join the Board
CCCI is ran by a purely volunteer board. MEET OUR BOARD
Board members are elected or re-elected at the Childhood Cancer Connection annual meeting in November. Renewable two-year terms run from January 1 through December 31. During that time, board members are asked to:.
- Attend scheduled monthly board meetings
- Volunteer for fundraising & community activities
- Participate on at least two standing committees
Each committee focuses on a key area of activity, which divides the board's work into more manageable tasks. Each special committee is made up of individual members of the board who work directly with volunteers (non board members) and sponsors. Committees will review options and committee chairs will regularly present their findings and recommendations to the board as a whole during the general board meeting.
(Board Members Only)
(Board Members & Non Board Members)
- Rainbow Connection Camp:
- Childhood Cancer Awareness Month (CCAM):
- Media/Website Development/Newsletter: Media and communications updates and projects. Meets at an as needed basis.
- Holiday Celebration:
- Golf Tournament/Annual Fundraising Event:
- Rodeo Houston Outing:
- Parent/Handbook Support:
- Outreach Committee (Community & Chamber of Commerce):
Interested in volunteering in a special committee please send a message to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Our Executive Board
- Lance Hallberg, President Current Board Member Since 2013 Lance Hallberg is an Assistant Professor in…
- Michael Jonson, Vice President Current Biography/Credentials
- Janis Matthews, Past President Biography/Credentials
- Ashley Matthews, Secretary
- Catalina Castro, Camp Director Biography/Credentials
- Tayna Vazquez, Treasurer Chair, Media Committee Board Member Since 2014 Tayna Vazquez works at the…